Thursday, January 17, 2013

First Lectures and Tutorial Exercises #1



I have never learned about computer science before, and until I signed up for the course I didn’t really know what it meant when people say they study computer science.  Therefore, each lecture I learn something new, except I already knew that a computer is not a toaster!
I am not very good with technology; so even installing DrRacket was difficult for me.  I was able to download DrRacket, but I was unable to open it.  I had to as a friend, who is taking higher-level computer science classes, for help.  I own a Mac laptop, and as it turns out, the reason I could not open DrRacket was because Apple preset my computer to only allow applications downloaded from the Mac App Store to open.
Once I was finally able to open DrRacket, expressing values was not very difficult.  I actually found it interesting.  I had a lot of fun flipping the image of a bunny I found on the Internet!  I am proud of myself for actually being able to get the computer to do what I want (very unusual for someone who is computer illiterate)!
Overall, I am enjoying the course thus far and I am looking forward to learning more about computer science!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment