Friday, February 1, 2013

Creating Animations


This week, I feel I have learned a more practical application for all of the functions and definitions I have learned in DrRacket thus far.  Producing static values is interesting, but flipping an image of a bunny to produce its mirror image isn’t going to impress too many people, or get you very far in life.  Creating animations is a step up from static values and, with a bit more knowledge, could produce more real world applications, such as creating an add that appears on the side of a website.  Animations are much more interesting, difficult to produce, and a lot more impressive (especially if you can tell your friends you can make a clock on the computer).

I found this week’s tutorial exercised a little more challenging this week, because creating animations is more difficult.  In particular, I found getting the big-bang function to produce exactly what you want the most difficult.  There are more variables when creating animations, you define more functions, and therefore it is easier to make a mistake.  I agree with s2d.greentea (http://c3daniisblog.blogspot.ca), creating animations can be overwhelming and separating all the commands into components makes it much easier to produce an animation that works and doesn’t have any errors in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment