Friday, January 25, 2013

Week 3


I found this week’s tutorial exercise fairly easy, as it was an extension of last week’s exercises.  Initially, I struggled with defining the function lolcatz that we discussed in class.  In particular, I had trouble creating spaces between words when defining subjective-completion.  I received help during Friday’s tutorial, and now I can define and run the function lolcatz using DrRacket.  Currently, I am still unable to solve one problem.  I cannot make ALT + P work in DrRacket on my own computer, but I could make it work in the computer lab during Friday’s tutorial.  Instead of copying the previously inputted function, ALT +P produces this symbol: π.  Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. What computer platform (windows, mac, linux) are you using? Try posting to piazza to see if anybody else has had this problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a mac laptop. I will post to piazza to see if anyone has had this problem or has a solution.

      Delete
  2. Is your computer a laptop? as ALT+p can produce the symbol pi on some laptops. Try to make sure that NUM Lock (NumLk) or on some laptops FN+ScrLk is not activated which means press them one more time. And see if you still have the same problem.

    Course TA (Nahla)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion. I have a mac laptop. The keyboard does not have a NUM Lock or ScrLk key. I am going to look in system preferences to try and find something similar to those keys.

      Delete